The group, Friends of Langley Moor, are a local resident’s association formed in May 2012 out of a general interest and enthusiasm to enhance our community; the village of Langley Moor in County Durham.
It is the shared vision of Friends of Langley Moor to:
- Preserve and improve the physical and natural environment of Langley Moor.
- Promote the establishment, continuation and improvement of local amenities.
- Build and maintain a strong and balanced community by encouraging the residents of our village and neighbouring areas to participate in community activities.
Areas of improvement which are currently being addressed include:
- Improving the general appearance of the High Street including planned litter picks.
- Assist in the redevelopment plans for Holliday Park.
- Ensure our successful Christmas tree event is held annually.
- Promote wider engagement of local residents and businesses regarding future objectives.
- Fundraising to enable group to achieve our vision.
Who are we?
Below is a picture of some of the Friends of Langley Moor residents association members. Unfortunately, some members are just too shy to be photographed!
L-R Cllr Sylvia Akins, Cllr Tom Akins, Janet Pickett (Group Secretary), Danny Bone (Chair), County Councillors John Turnbull and Paul Taylor, Susan Carmedy (Clerk to the Parish Council).